Thursday, June 11, 2009

Journal - Week 6

Tuesday, April 7th, 2009

Well I’m feeling a bit confused about this whole reflective journal thing because we got our first journal submission back and I got the feeling I wasn’t doing it right. From the examples read out of other people’s journals, I think I’m not reflecting on myself enough. When I reflect on things I don’t get all emotional like “…well today I was really sad, and then I felt happy, but by the end of the day I was tired and feeling scared and alone...” (Over exaggerated example of course). I just don’t think like that! In fact I just feel pretty happy all the time because I like my project that I am working on a lot. I am finding it hard to reflect on how I feel because I don’t even think about it. I spend my time thinking about what I have learnt and ponder on what direction marketing is heading and what things will be like in the future. Tim, my internship supervisor really inspires me to think in a more forward manner which is great. We have lunch together every time I am in there and discuss the marketing industry and new trends and technologies which I find really cool to talk about. It does make me feel pretty clueless, but I guess I am in a way as this is the first real work experience I have had the opportunity to undertake.
As for my project, I just wish I had time freezing abilities because there is so much I would like to do but I just don’t have any time. I have concluded that I have turned into a girl version of Jim Carrey in that movie ‘Yes Man’. I keep saying yes to everything and as a result I am working seven days a week in three different jobs and going to uni at night. As for study time, it either is nonexistent or I have to forfeit sleeping. Coffee is now my very best friend!
My boyfriend thinks I’m crazy, but I like to think of everything as a challenge, and I’m quite competitive so I like to succeed. Each semester I seem to take on more and more and keep surprising myself on how much I can push myself to get done. The draw back however is that I feel I could hand in a way better project at the end of semester if I spent as much time working on it as I should. Although on the other hand, knowing that I have done this internship whilst working and doing uni and everything else, builds my confidence in what I can achieve (not to mention forcefully turning me into a time management connoisseur).

No comments:

Post a Comment