Thursday, June 11, 2009

Journal - Week 9

Thursday May 7th, 2009
This week has been what I call “a stressful patch”. I’m starting to stress that its week 9 already and I haven’t even done the bulk of my research! I feel as though I’ve spent all this time doing my interim report; however that’s just the basic part. I’m praying to have a week off work soon because otherwise it will all just be terrible and the end of the world!! I’m feeling a tad dramatic, I think its because I’m listening to my housemates soppy R&B music. All I can do is my best I suppose. At least I am really happy with the project I am doing. I have started realising that social media marketing is becoming more and more a part of firms marketing budgets. ‘Versace’ for example hire a guy full time just to manage their ‘Facebook’ page and other social media channels. Imagine being paid to sit on ‘Facebook’ all day! Personally I would probably die of boredom but still. Maybe I could get a job with ‘Google’s’ marketing department; I heard it is one of the best places to work. A bit of a far fetched dream though, I feel as though I wont be able to get a really good job because number one: we’re in the middle of a recession, and number two: I don’t really have the vibrant outspoken personality. I commonly get mistaken for a 16year old when I am at work, and on the phone telemarketers just ask me to put mum or dad on having assumed I must be 5 or something!
Anyways it’s not the end of the world. I’m just going to try and be optimistic about my career, I figure worrying never achieves much. I feel doing a research project on something so current will be a good advantage over other marketing graduates.

No comments:

Post a Comment