Thursday, June 11, 2009

Journal - Week 12

THURSDAY 28TH MAY
Week 12 is almost gone now which is so scary. That means in a week and a bit I will be talking to industry people about my fabulous research findings which I haven’t even written yet…..oh dear. Though I never get too stressed about due dates because over the last three years I have NEVER been organised with uni, always leaving everything till the last minute! And considering I haven’t done so badly to date, I have faith that it will be the same for this report. I’ll definitely procrastinate a bit more, then completely freak out, then drink huge amounts of coffee and punch out my assignment. I’m so predictable.
I have all the findings and everything is summarised and highlighted and categorised. I just have so much trouble writing it out into sentences so I put it off. I think that I am good at collecting information, but not so good at the writing side of things. I read journal articles and they’re always written so perfectly. Then when I write it sounds too conversational. Dr Schembri said I have to learn to join my point and paragraphs together so my writing isn’t so disjointed. As a result I have used the words ‘however’ and ‘In relation to’ about a trillion times already. I think I need a bigger thesaurus.
Anyway…in other news, I haven’t heard back about the job I applied for which is disappointing. I’m not that surprised though. They wanted someone with a bit of a clue about social media marketing…which I don’t have. I just keep remembering that if I don’t get a job then it’s because it wasn’t the right job for me and that I just have to be patient. Honestly I am so tired and stressed right now that working as a checkout chick sounds like a great idea. So little responsibility, so mindless and easy….I like to set my sights high :) When I was in primary school and they went around the class asking each kid what they want to be when they grow up, most kids said doctors, the Prime Minister, fire-fighter etc, but I said secretary! Some aspiration. I think it’s because my mum told me I am good at organising things neatly.
Now when I honestly think about what job I would like, I would like to be paid to sit in a little office and research things for people. Going into this internship I wanted to do some sort of market research as opposed to a marketing plan, so I am happy with how it all turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment